Drawing from both scientific and clinical research, Southern Headache Society's 13th Annual Scientific Meeting will focus on clinical advances in headache medicine.
Some of the lecture topics will include:
Strategies for Success in Headache Medicine
What's New in Integrative Medicine
Managing the Adolescent to Adult Transition
Providing Care in Underserved Populations
The curriculum is intended for specialists and trainees in headache medicine as well as general neurology and primary care providers treating headache.
Conference DatesFriday, October 13th
1 PM to 4:40 PM
Saturday, October 14th
8 AM to 5 PM
Sunday, October 15th
8 AM to 12 PM
AccommodationsCharlotte Marriott City Center
100 West Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
$249 per night (plus tax)
Ask for Southern Headache room block
Discounted rates: Thursday, October 12, 2023 to Sunday, October 15, 2023
Last Day to Book: September 21, 2023 or until the group block is sold out
Please click here to reserve.
By registering below, you are granting permission for your contact information to potentially be shared with Southern Headache Society.
Physicians (MD, DO), Advance Practice Providers (APPs), Nurses, trainees, and other interested healthcare professionals
- Evaluate the impact of various therapeutic interventions in headache medicine, and make informed decisions regarding the most appropriate treatment options for patients, based on patient-specific factors and available evidence
- Develop and implement evidence-based guidelines and protocols for the management of common and challenging headache disorders in clinical practice, resulting in improved patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Evaluate the latest advancements in integrative medicine related to headache management, and propose integrative approaches for the treatment of headache disorders in clinical practice
- Develop comprehensive care plans for managing the transition of headache patients from adolescence to adulthood, incorporating current clinical guidelines and best practices
- Assess and integrate novel treatment modalities and emerging therapies into clinical practice, based on the latest scientific and clinical research presented during the lectures
- Identify and address the unique challenges and comorbidities associated with headache disorders, integrating a holistic approach that encompasses physical, psychological, and social factors in assessment and management plans
- Alison Alford, MD
- Steven D. Bender, DDS
- Megan Donnelly, DO
- Carrie O. Dougherty, MD, FAHS
- Alan G. Finkel, MD, FAHS
- Lindsay Frerichs, MD
- Deborah I. Friedman, MD, MPH
- Linda Gray Leithe, MD
- Chaouki K. Khoury, MD, MS, FAAN, FAHS
- Liz Leroux, MD, FRCPC
- Brian Loftus, MD
- Christopher B. Oakley, MD
- Scott W. Powers, PhD, ABPP, FAHS
- Michael M. Ready, MD, FAHS
- Sara E. Sacco, MD, FAHS
- Gloria P. Simms, MD
- Lauren D. Strauss, DO, FAHS
- Stacy Suskauer, MD
- Greg Van Stavern, MD
- Rebecca E. Wells, MD, MPH, FAHS, FAAN
Southern Headache Society 13th Annual Scientific Meeting
10/13 1:00 PM–10/15 12:00 PM
The Mountain Area Health Education Center designates this entire live continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 1.3 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
12.750 Contact Hours
MAHEC designates this live continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 12.75 Contact Hours.
12.750 Contact Hours
Nurse Practitioners: This activity was designated for 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
12.750 CME for Physician Assistants
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician Assistants may receive a maximum of 12.75 hours of Category 1 credit for completing this program.
12.750 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM
Accreditation: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) through the joint providership of the Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) and the Southern Headache Society. MAHEC is accredited by the NCMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Credit Designation: MAHEC designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
$329.00 Early Registration Fee - Physicians (MD/DO) - SHS Member
$229.00 Early Registration Fee - PhD, PA, RNP and others - SHS Member
$499.00 Early Registration Fee - Any non-SHS Member
$344.00 Registration Fee - Physicians (MD/DO) - SHS Member
$244.00 Registration Fee - PhD, PA, RNP, and others - SHS Member
$514.00 Registration Fee - Any non-SHS Member
$329.00 Registration for Medical Residents / Obtain Discount Code from SHS