This policy covers how MAHEC treats personal information that it collects and receives, including
information related to your past use of MAHEC services. Personal information is information about
you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and
that may not otherwise be publicly available.
Information Collection and Use
- MAHEC collects personal information when you register with us, when you use our services or
products, and when you login to your MAHEC account.
- When you register for a program or event, we ask for information such as your name, address,
email address, gender, occupation, industry, the last four digits of your Social Security
number, and professional interests. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you
are no longer anonymous.
- MAHEC collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our organizational
partners, including information about your use of services and products that we offer.
- MAHEC automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser,
including your IP address and the page you request.
- MAHEC uses information for purposes such as: to fulfill your requests for services and products,
improve our services, contact you when needed, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- MAHEC does NOT rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or
nonaffiliated organizations except to provide services or products you have requested, when we
have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide your information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with MAHEC
under confidentiality agreements. These organizations may use your personal information
to help MAHEC communicate with you about services and products from us. However, these
partners do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our
legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or
take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving
potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of MAHEC's terms of
use, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your MAHEC On-Line Account Information at any time.
- For security purposes, MAHEC retains information on account IDs and passwords BUT that
information remains private at all times.
Confidentiality and Security
- MAHEC limits access to personal information to employees whom we believe reasonably need to come
into contact with that information in order to provide services or products to you or in order
to do their jobs.
- MAHEC has physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about
- MAHEC’s website features 128-bit encryption. This industry-standard high level of encryption
protects your information. Encryption security applies to the Login and Registration areas under
the mahec.net domain as well as other areas of the domain.
- MAHEC will update this policy as needed. We will notify you about significant changes in the way
we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your
MAHEC account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
It is the policy of the Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) to return all monies that are
not due to the practice. These may include overpayments from patients or third-party payers, as well
as continuing education customers and affiliated organizations. All refunds are authorized by the
billing manager (patients or third-party payers) or the Director of Regional Services (continuing
education). MAHEC is committed to processing and issuing refunds in a timely manner. The
organization is committed to complying with state and federal laws, as well as performing the sound
business practice of returning money that represents overpayment for services provided.
Continuing Education Course Cancellation Policy
MAHEC has a pay-up-front policy for all CE programs. The only exceptions will be for pre-approved
programs where an individual payment plan is appropriate. Registrations received without
accompanying payment will not be processed and participants who have not paid the course fee will
not be admitted into the program.
Cancellations received at least two weeks in advance of the program date will receive a full refund
unless otherwise noted. Cancellations received between two weeks and up to 48 hours prior to the
program date will receive a 70% refund unless otherwise noted. No refunds will be given for
cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the program date. All cancellations must be made
in writing (fax, mail, or email). Substitutes can be accommodated in advance of the program.