Please join with other healthcare professionals for this annual educational event. It will cover a variety of topics related to sports medicine. Participants can attend on-site at the MAHEC Education Building in Asheville, NC, or via live webinar (Webex platform). Exhibitors will be on-site at MAHEC.
Symposium presenters will include EmergeOrtho sub-specialists and Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Care/Asheville Sports Medicine Fellowship specialists from MAHEC. The keynote presentation is provided by Sean Simonds, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS.
This event is jointly provided by MAHEC (Department of Continuing Professional Development and Primary Care Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Care Program /Asheville Sports Medicine Fellowship) and EmergeOrtho: Blue Ridge Region.
Jointly provided by
Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Nurses, OT/OTAs, PT/PTAs, Athletic Trainers, Athletic Directors, Coaches and other interested sports professionals
- Discuss return to movement following sports injury
- Identify signs of disordered eating in athletes
- Review current concussion guidelines and management in athletes
- Describe chronic ankle stability and plantar fasciitis in athletes
- Implement return to play principles for stress fractures
- Brian Atkinson, MD, CAQSM
- Lauren Butz
- Sunil K. Das, MD
- Taylor Harris, MD
- Michael Hodges, MA.ed. LAT, ATC
- Kyle M. Judkins, DO, CAQSM
- Jess K. Knapp, DO, CAQSM
- Wyatt W. Little, MA, LAT, ATC
- Pete G. Mangone, MD
- Josh Owen, MHS, LAT, ATC, PRT, ITAT
- Peter C. Park, MD
- Sean Simonds, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS