Cone Beam CT: What You Need to Know
Mar 10, 2023 Closed Dentistry
In this 3-hour lecture/discussion-based educational activity, the participant will be exposed to the basics of dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT). This activity will be available by live webinar only.
*Groups of attendees at host sites (health departments or offices ) in the MAHEC service region can attend together via live webinar. Each participant must register individually and list in the "brief comments" section of the online registration page the location of their host site.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants
Upon conclusion of this lecture/discussion-based education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe 3-D cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and how it works
- List the considerations for what one needs to consider when purchasing a CBCT system
- Compare the relative radiation doses and risks associated with CBCT
- Discuss the legal responsibilities that come with CBCT
- Discuss the current clinical applications of CBCT
- Cite the basics of interpreting CBCT volumes
- Differentiate between benign and malignant lesions
- List several incidental findings on CBCT scans
- Donald A. Tyndall, DDS, MSPH, PhD, FICD