Our Internal Medicine Residency Program aims to train and educate well rounded, competent, caring, compassionate physician leaders who:
- Deliver the highest quality medical care to patients in a variety of settings including rural communities
- Create a collaborative setting for innovation, intellectual and personal growth and interprofessional work
- Contribute to the science and art of medicine and medical education through innovation, scholarship and dissemination
- Provide expertise in caring for underserved patients and populations
- Lead and foster change in healthcare delivery and health systems, including improving quality, safety, diversity in the workforce, and access
- Celebrate lifelong learning in our rapidly changing healthcare environment
In alliance with our organization, we embrace the following Values and Foundational Principle statements:
We deliver quality activities and services that our customers and partners value.
We promote equity and inclusivity.
We act with fairness, transparency, and the highest level of ethics.
We value partnerships and support interprofessional approaches.
We continuously innovate and improve our work.
Civility: We treat all people with respect and kindness, all the time.
Inclusivity: We value the contribution of people different than ourselves and the merits of an organization that reflects differences in our teams and our community.
Empowerment: We value engagement, commitment, and ownership of MAHEC’s mission, work, and budget.