Geriatric Pharmacy - PGY2
This dynamic residency program will produce geriatric pharmacotherapy specialists who have achieved mastery of the skills necessary to care for the aging population.
This program is offered in conjunction with UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. A heavy emphasis on teaching will also provide the resident with experience needed to function at a high level in academic environments. The curriculum is especially well suited to foster abilities in ambulatory/primary care geriatrics.
Care will be provided in the following environments:
Residents will gain experience in:
- Serving as a high-functioning member of an interprofessoinal team across multiple care settings, including primary care, skilled nursing/rehabilitation, and home visits
- Teaching learners of multiple disciplines at various levels of training
- Caring for patients and supporting caregivers around the end of life
- Making comlex pharmacotherapeutic decisions regarding care of special populations (dementia, rural/homebound, Cherokee Indian, etc.)
- Advocating for older adults at the level of the health system and beyond
Positions Available: 2
Application Deadline: January 2nd
NMS Code: 766654
Contact Info: Tasha.Woodall@mahec.net
MAHEC is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive place to work, learn, and receive care. We actively recruit physicians, staff, and students from underrepresented minorities, and we strive to implement policies and procedures that value and support diverse backgrounds and experiences. MAHEC does not discriminate on the basis of socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, spiritual practice, geography, disability, or age.
Click here to learn more about our participation in the Institute for Healthcare Improvement's Pursuing Equity Learning and Action Network.