Geriatric Pharmacy - PGY2
This dynamic residency program will produce geriatric pharmacotherapy specialists who have achieved mastery of the skills necessary to care for the aging population.
This program is offered in conjunction with UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. A heavy emphasis on teaching will also provide the resident with experience needed to function at a high level in academic environments. The curriculum is especially well suited to foster abilities in ambulatory/primary care geriatrics.
Care will be provided in the following environments:
Residents will gain experience in:
- Serving as a high-functioning member of an interprofessoinal team across multiple care settings, including primary care, skilled nursing/rehabilitation, and home visits
- Teaching learners of multiple disciplines at various levels of training
- Caring for patients and supporting caregivers around the end of life
- Making comlex pharmacotherapeutic decisions regarding care of special populations (dementia, rural/homebound, Cherokee Indian, etc.)
- Advocating for older adults at the level of the health system and beyond
A weekly forum will also be devoted to discussions centered on evidence-based medicine, books about aging, and ethical
dilemmas in care of the older adult.
Positions Available: 1
Application Deadline: January 2nd
NMS Code: 766654
Contact Info: Tasha.Woodall@mahec.net