Selection of the residents is based on the following criteria:
- Class standing, GPA and National Boards Part I
- Letters of recommendation
Applicants must be a graduate of a fully accredited North American Dental school. Successful completion of the National Boards Part I is required. Applicants must be eligible to obtain a state dental license prior to starting residency. All application forms must be received by October 1st for admission in July.
Participation in the PASS application program is mandatory. In order to meet the October 1st application deadline, completed PASS documents should be submitted to the PASS office no later than September 20th of the year preceding the year for which the applicant is applying.
As an institution of higher education and in the spirit of its policies of equal employment opportunity, MAHEC hereby reaffirms its policy of equal educational opportunity. All applicants for admissions will be considered without regard to an applicant’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, natural origin, disability unrelated to program performance, disabled veteran status, or Vietnam veteran status.
New resident dentists are required to participate in all orientation activities prior to July 1st. Financial compensation will be provided for this time. The orientation schedule will be sent to the resident dentist by the program director or their designee.
Additional application requirements that must be submitted to MAHEC:
- 2 X 2 photo
- Copy of state dental license (if candidate has a current one)
Stipend and Benefits
- professional liability insurance
- term life insurance
- disability insurance for self
- two weeks vacation
- holidays when not on call
- 3 sets of monogrammed clinical scrubs
- 1 monogrammed fleece jacket
- MAHEC business cards
- Free parking
- Discounts at community businesses
- On-site specialists for library resources, behavioral health, pharmacy, geriatrics and care management
- Employee Assistance Network (EAN)
- The program pays for CME related expenses including the costs for attending professional meetings.
*Stipend and benefits are subject to annual adjustments.
As COVID restrictions allow, we offer a one-day opportunity for students to observe our clinic and meet our residents and faculty. In lieu of an on-site visit, a 30 minute WebEx meeting with Dr. Valdez will be arranged.
• Offer open only to 3rd year students
• Available January through May
• Tuesday mornings and Fridays are excluded
• Paperwork is required from student and it may take up to four weeks for Human Resources to approve the visit
Please contact Michelle Pittman for more information.