Applicants must have satisfactorily completed a Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatric, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, or ER residency program, have DEA certification and be eligible to obtain a license to practice medicine in North Carolina through the N.C. Medical Board. Additionally, MAHEC requires a full copy of applicant’s medical school degree, current licensure information, 3-letters of recommendation including one from their residency program director, a personal statement, and an onsite interview in Asheville.
If you are interested in applying to our program, please submit your application online via MyERAS. Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Michelle Pittman at (828) 771-3415 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stipend and Benefits
- Professional liability insurance
- Health insurance for fellow (family coverage optional at additional cost)
- Term life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Licensure fee
- North Carolina Medical License fee
- DEA Registration fee
- Vacation/Leave: three weeks
- Professional Education: $750 for CME related expenses including books, subscriptions and costs for attending professional meetings.
Stipend and benefits are subject to annual adjustments.
MAHEC Sports Medicine Fellowship
123 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803
Aaron Vaughan, MD
Click here to view a complete Sports Medicine Manual.