Welcome to the MAHEC Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship!
We are so excited you are interested in our program and joining our sports medicine family. Here at Asheville, we pride ourselves on mentorship, scholarly opportunity, teaching, feedback and work life balance all at an unbelievable location within an active outdoor community. Our vision is to be a leader in primary care sports medicine training and musculoskeletal care at a local and national level by training Agents of Change. This will be an outstanding year and I invite you to be part of the Sports Medicine Revolution.
After completing this fellowship you will set with skills in:
- Lifestyle medicine
- Faculty Development
- Quality Improvement and Change Agent
- Female Athlete Care
- Equitable Delivery of Healthcare
- Mass Event Participation Coverage
- Team Physcian
- Athlete Evaluation and Management
- Asheville Tourists Minor League Baseball club, high level Division I collegiate athletics with UNC-Asheville and Western Carolina University, Division II athletics with Mars Hill University, Division III athletics with Warren Wilson College, semi-professional exposure with Asheville Rugby Club, and high school sports with various local teams.
MAHEC is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive place to work, learn, and receive care. We actively recruit physicians, staff, and students from underrepresented minorities, and we strive to implement policies and procedures that value and support diverse backgrounds and experiences. MAHEC does not discriminate on the basis of socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, spiritual practice, geography, disability, or age.
Click here to learn more about our participation in the Institute for Healthcare Improvement's Pursuing Equity Learning and Action Network.
Welcome to the family!
Jessica Knapp, DO, CAQSM
Director, Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
For questions or for more information, please contact:
Fellowship Programs Coordinator