UNC Asheville Pre-Healthcare Professions Internship
The University of North Carolina Asheville, WNC Bridge Foundation, and MAHEC's Center for Health Professions Education have collaborated to create an undergraduate internship experience for UNC Asheville students interested in pursuing a health professions degree.
The UNC Asheville Pre-Healthcare Professions Internship program provides a working knowledge of and experience in a clinical practice. Students are selected and are required to complete 20 hours per week of clinical shadowing and project research.
- Eight-week summer internship at six MAHEC clinical sites
- Dental Health Center
- Family Health Center at Biltmore
- Family Health Center at Cane Creek
- Ob/Gyn Specialists
- Blue Ridge Health in Hendersonville
- Opportunities to participate in MAHEC community-based research projects
- Weekly enrichment activities centered around health and professional topics
- Opportunities for ongoing collaboration and engagement beyond the formal internship
- organizational and research projects
- outreach to middle school and high school students
- rural health professions educational activities
For more information, please contact our Office of Student Internships.
Learn more in our program brochure.
To apply for this internship, click here.
NOTE: Due to changes implemented as a result of COVID-19, we are currently prioritizing clinical shadowing experiences for students from affiliated schools and programs based on need and availability.
The UNC Asheville Pre-Healthcare Professions Internship is a partnership of the following organizations: