Triple P – the Positive Parenting Program – offers support for parents and people caring for children and teenagers in Madison and Buncombe Counties. Some parents are just seeking brief advice to handle minor disobedience or survive toilet training, while others may need more support as they learn positive ways to deal their children's severe or aggressive behaviors.
Triple P is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the World Health Organization, and it is currently used in more than 20 countries and 27 US states. It is available in Madison and Buncombe County through a grant from the North Carolina Division of Public Health, Children and Youth Branch.
Research has shown that children who grow up with positive parenting are...
- more likely to do well at school
- more likely to build friendships
- more likely to feel good about themselves
- less likely to develop behavioral or emotional problems, including addiction, when they get older
Parents who use positive parenting skills...
- feel more confident and competent about managing day-to-day family life
- feel less stressed
- feel less depressed
- have less conflict with their partners over parenting issues
If you are a parent or caregiver and you'd like to learn more or locate a Triple P provider near you, please visit the Triple P website at www.triplep-parenting.com/nc-en/triple-p/.
Call Madison/Buncombe Triple P
Molly Coffey, Triple P Coordinator
Kimberly Siefert, Triple P Coordinator