Comprehensive integrated perinatal and substance use treatment support for pregnant and parenting women from across WNC
Our goal is to decrease the stigma and barriers that prevent pregnant and parenting women with substance use disorders from getting the quality ob/gyn care and substance use treatment they deserve. Our multidisciplinary team is committed to helping our patients have the healthiest possible pregnancy and birth whether their last time using was five years ago or five days ago.
Project CARA's comprehensive integrated services are available to women from across WNC and include
- Routine ob/gyn care including prenatal visits, ultrasound screening, and labor and delivery services
- Maternal-fetal medicine referral, if indicated
- Medication-assisted treatment with buprenorphine for opioid use disorder, if appropriate
- Behavioral health/substance use treatment with licensed clinical addiction specialists (individual and group support)
- Neonatal abstinence syndrome counseling and detailed delivery planning
- Hepatitis C screening, counseling, and referral
- Social services navigation support
- Tobacco cessation counseling
- Peer support services
- Free legal services
If you are a pregnant or parenting woman and using substances or in recovery, please call 828-771-5500 and ask for an appointment with Project CARA.
If you are a provider and would like to make a referral, please call 828-255-5542 or fax your referral to