What Doulas Do
Whether it’s your first baby or your fifth, our doulas can help make your birth and postpartum experience better.
Doulas support new and growing families through the life-changing experience of having a baby and becoming parents.
A certified doula is a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to a mother before, during, and after childbirth to support her in achieving the healthiest, most satisfying birth and postpartum experience possible.
A birth doula can:
- reduce pitocin use by 31%
- reduce cesarean births by 28%
- reduce birth trauma by 34%
- increase breastfeeding rates by 9%
Other benefits include*
- reduced need for pain medication
- better Apgar scores for baby
- greater satisfaction with the birth experience
- decreased anxiety
- improved confidence & self esteem
- improved postpartum mental health
- improved relaxation
- improved comfort
- lactation support
Click here to download our informational flyer.
Call us at 828-620-9828 or 828-216-2606 to learn how our doulas could support you or a friend or family member.