IDD Assessment Clinic
Our assessment clinic supports adults and young adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, their families, and primary care providers.
MAHEC’s IDD Assessment Clinic provides comprehensive health assessments for adult and young adult patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD). Our IDD-trained doctors will help ensure you are getting the care you need to support your overall health and any other specific health needs you may have.
Our clinic is open to current MAHEC patients. We also provide one-time assessments for patients who receive primary care outside of MAHEC.
What services do we offer?
- More time at your appointment to talk about what matters to you
- Specialized health screenings such as vision and hearing
- Onsite support for nutrition and medication review
- Referrals to specialists, dental care, mental health therapists, and community services, if needed
- Family/caregiver support and education
- A comprehensive plan to help you get and stay healthy
Who will you see?
Your healthcare team may include one or two MAHEC physicians, a medical assistant, a pharmacist, a dietitian, and a Vaya Health nurse navigator or care coordinator.
One of our nurses or medical assistants will call you a few weeks before your appointment to make sure we have your health information and know about your specific needs. This will help our team be ready for your visit.
How can you get an appointment?
Ask your doctor if our IDD Assessment Clinic is right for you. If you both agree, your doctor will call us at 828-771-3466 to schedule your visit.
What happens after your visit?
After your assessment, our team will talk with your primary care doctor and make recommendations for your continued care.