Welcome to the MAHEC Family Health Centers, where patients of all ages can establish their medical home. Most forms of commercial insurance are accepted and filed for you at all of our locations.
Important information related to COVID-19
MAHEC's Acute Care Clinic offers testing by appointment only, Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm and Saturday 8am-noon. You do not need a physician referral and you do not need to be symptomatic to receive a test. Most insurance companies cover the cost and MAHEC has options to help uninsured patients cover the cost. To make an appointment, please call (828) 257-4730 and press option #1.
Rest assured that our offices are open and are clean and safe. We are keeping patients out of the waiting room; we are sanitizing our entire office continuously with medical grade sanitizer; and sick patients who have respiratory symptoms are being seen in a totally separate area. So please don't be scared to come into the office if you prefer that over a telemedicine visit.
Masks: All patients and visitors are asked to wear a mask while in the office. Please bring a mask with you - we are not able to provide a mask for you.
Visitors: As of March 22, 2021, MAHEC will be relaxing visitor restrictions. One (1) visitor per patient will now be permitted to enter in support of their loved one.
In a continued effort to keep our patients and staff safe due to ongoing, substantial, COVID-19 community spread:
- All patients and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and temperature taken upon entry to a MAHEC office.
- A facemask will be provided to all patients and visitors, if needed.
- Visitors who have not been released from COVID-19 quarantine or visitors who are actively symptomatic are asked to kindly not enter the facility.
Virtual support continues to be welcomed at all MAHEC locations. If you would prefer to call your support person from the exam room so they can participate in your visit, we encourage you to do so.
We are continually evaluating the most up-to date COVID-19 data and state guidelines. We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding as we navigate the best routes to ensure we are providing the utmost safety measures for our patients, visitors, and employees.
All locations are proud to be recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
A patient-centered medical home is a system of care in which a team of healthcare professionals work together to provide all of your healthcare needs. You, the patient, are the most important part of a patient-centered medical home. When you take an active role in your health and work closely with us, you can be sure that you’re getting the care you need.
MAHEC Family Health Centers provide patient-centered care at six locations across Buncombe county. We also train family medicine residents at the Hendersonville Family Health Center. Our healthcare professionals always strive to provide evidence-based care in a professional, supportive and friendly atmosphere.
Our full-spectrum family healthcare services include
• Centering Parenting groups for well-child care
• Chronic condition management support
• Diabetes group medical visits
• DOT / CDL physicals
• Family-centered obstetrics
• Family therapy and individual counseling
• Free interpreter services
• Geriatric medicine
• Hep C/HIV treament
• Integrated clinical pharmacy support
• Laboratory services and X-rays
• Lactation consultation for breastfeeding support
• Medication for opioid use disorder (sometimes called MAT)
• No-scapel vasectomies (Medicaid covered)
• Nutritional counseling with registered dietitians
• Pediatric healthy weight group medical visits
• Positive parenting program (Triple P)
• Primary care for children, adults, and older adults
• Substance use disorder recovery support
Click here to find your nearest MAHEC Family Health Center.