Welcome to the MAHEC Family Health Centers, where patients of all ages can establish their medical home. Most forms of commercial insurance are accepted and filed for you at all of our locations.
All locations are proud to be recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
A patient-centered medical home is a system of care in which a team of healthcare professionals work together to provide all of your healthcare needs. You, the patient, are the most important part of a patient-centered medical home. When you take an active role in your health and work closely with us, you can be sure that you’re getting the care you need.
MAHEC Family Health Centers provide patient-centered care at seven locations across Buncombe county. We also train family medicine residents at the Hendersonville Family Health Center. Our healthcare professionals always strive to provide evidence-based care in a professional, supportive and friendly atmosphere.
Our full-spectrum family healthcare services include
• Centering Parenting groups for well-child care
• Chronic condition management support
• Diabetes group medical visits
• DOT / CDL physicals
• Family-centered obstetrics
• Family therapy and individual counseling
• Free interpreter services
• Geriatric medicine
• Integrated clinical pharmacy support
• Intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) clinic for adults
• Laboratory services and X-rays
• Lactation consultation for breastfeeding support
• No-scapel vasectomies (Medicaid covered)
• Nutritional counseling with registered dietitians
• Pediatric healthy weight group medical visits
• Positive parenting program (Triple P)
• Primary care for children, adults and elders
• Substance use disorder recovery support
Click here to find your nearest MAHEC Family Health Center.