Center for Psychiatry and Mental Wellness
As the region's only Certified Community Behavioral Health Center, we are committed to providing WNC residents with high-quality comprehensive care regardless of financial circumstances.
We are located on MAHEC's Biltmore Campus and provide comprehensive psychiatric and behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and adults.
New Patient Referrals
At present, we are experiencing a high volume of new patients so we are not currently accepting new patients for psychiatric or medication management care. If you would like to refer a patient to us for another form of treatment or care, please use the link to the referral form below. If you are a referring provider, please include the following:
- reason for referral (medication management, therapy, or both)
- patient demographics
- last visit summary
- insurance information
Referrals can be faxed to 828-333-5465 or you can click here to fill out our online form
Visitors: As of March 22, 2021, MAHEC will be relaxing visitor restrictions. One (1) visitor per patient will now be permitted to enter in support of their loved one.
In a continued effort to keep our patients and staff safe due to ongoing, substantial, COVID-19 community spread:
- All patients and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and temperature taken upon entry to a MAHEC office.
- A facemask will be provided to all patients and visitors, if needed.
- Visitors who have not been released from COVID-19 quarantine or visitors who are actively symptomatic are asked to kindly not enter the facility.
Virtual support continues to be welcomed at all MAHEC locations. If you would prefer to call your support person from the exam room so they can participate in your visit, we encourage you to do so.
We are continually evaluating the most up-to date COVID-19 data and state guidelines. We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding as we navigate the best routes to ensure we are providing the utmost safety measures for our patients, visitors, and employees.
Our comprehensive mental health services include:
- Medication Management
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) behavioral health support
- Substance use disorder treatment
- Medication for opioid use disorder
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
- Peer Support Services
- Collaborative Care Management Programs
- School Based Therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Mindfulness-based stress management
- On-site laboratory services
- Parent-child interaction therapy
- Play therapy
- Trauma-informed care
We can provide many of these services by telehealth or in person and may be able to provide same-day care depending on your needs.
School Based Therapist Referrals
Please click here to fill out our online form if you are referring a child to one of our school based therapists.
Monday 8am-5pm (Child/Adolescent Clinic)
Tuesday 8am-5pm (Child and Adult, TMS Consults)
Wednesday 8am-5pm (Child and Adult Clinics)
Thursday 8am-5pm (Child and Adult Clinics, Brief Intervention Clinic)
Friday 8am-5pm (Child and Adult Clinics)
MAHEC Center for Psychiatry and Mental Wellness
MAHEC Biltmore Campus
125 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803