Center for Psychiatry and Mental Wellness
As the region's only Certified Community Behavioral Health Center, we are committed to providing WNC residents with high-quality comprehensive care regardless of financial circumstances.
We are located on MAHEC's Biltmore Campus and provide comprehensive psychiatric and behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and adults.
At present, we are experiencing a high volume of new patients and unfortunately our wait list is fairly long. We are not accepting additional new patients at this time.
Visitors: As of March 22, 2021, MAHEC will be relaxing visitor restrictions. One (1) visitor per patient will now be permitted to enter in support of their loved one.
In a continued effort to keep our patients and staff safe due to ongoing, substantial, COVID-19 community spread:
- All patients and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and temperature taken upon entry to a MAHEC office.
- A facemask will be provided to all patients and visitors, if needed.
- Visitors who have not been released from COVID-19 quarantine or visitors who are actively symptomatic are asked to kindly not enter the facility.
Virtual support continues to be welcomed at all MAHEC locations. If you would prefer to call your support person from the exam room so they can participate in your visit, we encourage you to do so.
We are continually evaluating the most up-to date COVID-19 data and state guidelines. We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding as we navigate the best routes to ensure we are providing the utmost safety measures for our patients, visitors, and employees.
Our comprehensive mental health services include:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) behavioral health support
- Medication management
- Medication for opioid use disorder
- Mindfulness-based stress management
- On-site laboratory services
- Parent-child interaction therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Substance use disorder treatment
- Supportive psychotherapy
- Trauma-informed care
We can provide many of these services by telehealth or in person and may be able to provide same-day care depending on your needs.
School Based Therapist Referrals
Please click here to fill out our online form if you are referring a child to one of our school based therapists.
Monday 8am-5pm (Child/Adolescent Clinic)
Tuesday 8am-5pm (Child and Adult, TMS Consults)
Wednesday 8am-5pm (Child and Adult Clinics)
Thursday 8am-5pm (Child and Adult Clinics, Brief Intervention Clinic)
Friday 8am-5pm (Child and Adult Clinics)
MAHEC Center for Psychiatry and Mental Wellness
MAHEC Biltmore Campus
125 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803