COVID-19 Information for Patients
Haga clic aquí para leer esta información en español.
- Vaccine Information
At the present time, MAHEC does not have a supply of the vaccine but we hope to in the coming weeks.
The Buncombe County Health Department does have a limited supply and is now scheduling patients 65 years and older for vaccine appointments. If you fall into this age category, we encourage you to make an appointment. Please understand that currently the vaccine supply is very limited but more appointment slots will be open as the Health Department receives more vaccines. Please call 828-250-5000 to make your appointment or you can schedule online at www.buncombecounty.org by clicking the green bar at the top of the page.
Many other local health departments also have limited vaccine supplies and are beginning to offer appointments to those 75 and older. The vaccine is free to everyone even if you don’t have health insurance and your ability to get a vaccine is not impacted by your citizenship status and there is no ID requirement.
- COVID Testing Information
- Bamlanivimab Infusion Treatment
- COVID Precautions in Place at MAHEC
Visitors: As COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Western North Carolina, MAHEC’s visitor/support person restriction policy is in place for the safety of our patients and staff.
No visitors will be allowed in any MAHEC clinic with the following exceptions:
- Patients who are minors may be accompanied by one (1) healthy family member/guardian.
- Patients who need help with communication, decision-making or mobility may be accompanied by one (1) healthy support person.
- Patients undergoing sedation may be accompanied by one (1) healthy support person.
Virtual support is welcome at all MAHEC locations. If you would like to call your support person from the exam room so they can participate in your visit, we encourage you to do so. Your safety and our staff’s safety are very important to us and we appreciate your patience and understanding at this time!
If you develop a fever and cough or shortness of breath:
Established patients should stay home and call the MAHEC COVID-19 response team at the number below for further instructions.
- Family Health Center (any locations): call (828) 257-4730, select option 1
- Ob/Gyn Specialists: call (828) 771-5500, select option 1
- Center for Psychiatry: call (828) 398-3601, select option 1
- Dental Health Center: contact your primary healthcare provider
If you are not a MAHEC patient, please contact your primary care provider. If you do not have a primary care provider, please call our Family Health Center and we will be glad to schedule a telemedicine visit to evaluate your respiratory symptoms.