MAHEC's practice consulting arm, Health Innovation Partners, has been engaged in practice support in Western North Carolina since 2011. We have provided more than 100 practices with quality and process improvement coaching and forty practices with PCMH transformation and NCQA Recognition support.
Our Health Innovations Partners (HIP) Team has substantial expertise in implementing processes for population health, care management, care process models, patient-centered medical home (PCMH) and patient-centered specialty practice (PCSP) recognition, revenue cycle redesign, data analysis and outcome reporting, annual wellness visits, group medical visits, and other clinical programs. We work with individual practices and residency programs of all sizes across primary care networks. We pride ourselves in getting to know each practice and customizing our approach to its unique needs.
In this time of rapid transition, healthcare practices need to position themselves for new payment models, incentive programs, and other healthcare reforms while focusing on patient-centered care. The following list outlines the services offered by the HIP Team to help practices and health systems manage these challenges.
Support for Transitioning to Medicaid Managed Care
MAHEC is pleased to announce that NC AHEC has partnered with the NC Department of Health and Human Services and Division of Health Benefits to help transition healthcare providers to Medicaid Managed Care. MAHEC Health Innovation Partners is providing on-site comprehensive Medicaid Managed Care education and assistance to healthcare clinicians across Western North Carolina.
To access our services, contact us via 828-257-4459 or email@example.com. More information and resources are also available via the NC Medicaid website for clinicians.
Navigating the North Carolina Health Information Exchange
NC HealthConnex is the state-designated health information exchange that will enable you to more effectively manage population health and clinical outcomes. Let us help you navigate this platform and new features as they roll out. With NC HealthConnex, you can access your patients’ comprehensive records across multiple providers and review labs, diagnostics, history, allergies, medications, and more. You can eliminate duplicative testing, make more efficient and accurate diagnoses, and improve coordination across all levels of care. More information and resources are available on the NC Health Information Exchange Authority website.
Meeting ACO and Other Quality Measures for Value-Based/Pay-for-Performance Compensation
- On-site quality improvement coaching and consultation
- Extensive experience with quality payment programs (e.g., Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Meaningful Use)
- Strategies and tools for improving performance on clinical quality, utilization, and patient experience measures
- Electronic health record (EHR) optimization to support effective workflows
- Quality and operations performance dashboard development and maintenance
- Expertise in Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Accountable Care Organization (ACO) measures
- Data extraction, validation, and reporting expertise in more than a dozen EHRs and practice management systems
- Data aggregation and integration of multiple data sources
- Key indicator visualization development
Population Health and Care Management Program Implementation
- Panel Management
- Understanding and right-sizing patient panels
- Identifying high-risk patient populations
- Population geo-mapping and hot-spotting
- Implementing a care management program
- Staffing models
- Identifying community resources
Implementation of New Models of Care and Services
- Team-based care models integrating registered nurse care managers, clinical pharmacists, advanced practice providers, behavioral health providers, care coordinators, and health coaches
- Registered nurse co-visits
- Chronic care management workflows
- Transition care management workflows
- Annual Wellness Visits
- Advanced care planning
- Group medical visits, shared visits, eVisits, and telehealth
- Monitoring of program implementation and outcomes
- NCQA PCMH-certified content expert supervises gap analysis and project plan development
- Policies and procedures
- Workflow redesign
- Education and training of team members
- Data reporting and EHR optimization to meet PCMH standards
- Assistance with check-in calls, virtual reviews, and document preparation
Lean Practice Assessments and Operations Consultation
Applying lean principles to:
- Practice and process assessment to identify areas of waste and opportunities for efficiency improvement, for example:
- Improved access
- Provider and staff schedule efficiency
- Strategic planning
- New service development
- Space planning
- Revenue cycle management
- Patient experience data collection and reporting
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Engage staff and patients in developing improvement action plans
- Patient advisory councils
Ready to Get Started?
Click to apply: NCAHEC'S Primary Care Consulting Services
MAHEC Health Innovation Partners
121 Hendersonville Rd.
Asheville, NC 28803