COVID-19 Information for Patients
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
MAHEC is providing COVID-19 vaccinations, including third shots to those who qualify, at our Biltmore, Cane Creek, Newbridge and Enka Candler Family Health Center locations by appointment only, for both patients and non-patients. Please call (828) 257-4730 for an appointment.
COVID-19 Precautions in Place at MAHEC
Visitors: As of March 22, 2021, MAHEC will be relaxing visitor restrictions. One (1) visitor per patient will now be permitted to enter in support of their loved one.
In a continued effort to keep our patients and staff safe due to ongoing, substantial, COVID-19 community spread:
- All patients and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and temperature taken upon entry to a MAHEC office.
- A facemask will be provided to all patients and visitors, if needed.
- Visitors who have not been released from COVID-19 quarantine or visitors who are actively symptomatic are asked to kindly not enter the facility.
Virtual support continues to be welcomed at all MAHEC locations. If you would prefer to call your support person from the exam room so they can participate in your visit, we encourage you to do so.
We are continually evaluating the most up-to date COVID-19 data and state guidelines. We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding as we navigate the best routes to ensure we are providing the utmost safety measures for our patients, visitors, and employees.
If you develop a fever and cough or shortness of breath:
Established patients should stay home and call the MAHEC COVID-19 response team at the number below for further instructions.
- Family Health Center (any locations): call (828) 257-4730, select option 1
- Ob/Gyn Specialists: call (828) 771-5500, select option 1
- Center for Psychiatry: call (828) 398-3601, select option 1
- Dental Health Center: contact your primary healthcare provider
If you are not a MAHEC patient, please contact your primary care provider. If you do not have a primary care provider, please call our Family Health Center and we will be glad to schedule a telemedicine visit to evaluate your respiratory symptoms.