Helping WNC Providers and our Community Respond to COVID-19
The COVID-19 Community Response Team at UNC Health Sciences at MAHEC wants to ensure Western North Carolina healthcare providers are well-equipped to manage COVID-19 and other community health needs. We encourage you to explore the following practice resources, updated guidance, training opportunities, and community resources.
COVID-19 Practice Resources
COVID-19 Regional Report
Monthly report with updated guidance and resources for healthcare professionals.
COVID-19 Library Guides
Updated COVID-19 guidance, topic guides, tip sheets, patient resources, and more.
- COVID-19 Community Resource Guidance, including data dashboards
- COVID-19 Coding & Billing
- COVID-19 Community Resources
- COVID-19 Financial Assistance
- COVID-19 Health Equity
- COVID-19: Institutions of Higher Education
- COVID-19 Long-Term Care Facilities
- COVID-19 Ob/Gyn
- COVID-19 Patient Care & Testing
- COVID-19 Patient Resources
- COVID-19 PPE, including WNC supply chain resources
- COVID-19 Re-Opening and Staying Safe
- COVID-19 Resiliency & Mental Health
- COVID-19 Telehealth
- COVID-19 Vaccination
FREE Weekly Drop-in Support via MAHEC Project ECHO®
Join us for these live videoconference sessions with MAHEC medical experts and practice support specialists. Each session includes case discussions and an opportunity to have your questions answered. You can drop in for as long as is helpful; however, you must attend the full hour to receive CME or CEU credits.
Community Health Workers' Peer Learning Collaborative
Third Thursday of the month from 12:00 to 1:00 pm beginning Nov. 19
- Share best practices for engaging with community members to reduce the impacts of COVID-19
- Identify resources and strategies to improve access to healthcare, social support, and other resources
Project ECHO® Long COVID
Thursdays from 7-8am EST, beginning Thursday, April 8th at 7am EST.
- Facilitate virtual case discussion among providers to summarize what is known about these patients who do not fully recover from COVID-19.
- Expert panelists will provide participants with information on how to asses, diagnose, and manage the effects of COVID-19 after the initial stages of infection.
COVID ECHO Archives
Acute Care of Inpatient with COVID-19
Webinars on COVID-19 | NC AHEC
Asheville/Buncombe County Community Resources and Volunteer Needs | United Way 2-1-1
Your Spot Your Shot | NC COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Alternatives to Hospitalization: If you are caring for patients who have a DNR or who have requested not to be admitted to the ICU, CarePartners Home Health and Home Hospice are accepting referrals for patients who have tested positive or who have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.