School-based professionals are on the front lines addressing some of society's most vexing challenges, including childhood trauma. Have you ever felt like you needed some specialized tools? This 4-hour webinar will provide an overview of TF-CBT, the gold standard in evidence-based treatment for children aged 3-18 who have experienced trauma. It includes a case study, creative interventions, and practical strategies school-based clinicians and professionals can use with their students. This "taste of TF-CBT" just might inspire you to pursue further training, consultation, and rostering in TF-CBT so you can add this valuable model to your own trauma-informed practice.
Psychologists, mental health and substance use professionals, school-based professionals, and other professionals interested in an introduction to trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to determine whether they would like to pursue additional training and consultation to make them proficient at the model
- Screen children who have experienced trauma and make appropriate referrals for further assessment by a rostered TF-CBT clinician
- Provide basic psychoeducation about the impact of trauma on children
- Demonstrate the ability to operationalize trauma symptoms and effectively use weekly symptom tracking to monitor progress
- Identify at least two strategies for helping traumatized children with emotion regulation
- Ashley S. Fiore, MSW, LCSW
Trauma-Informed Interventions for School-Based Professionals
9/24 12:30 PM–5:00 PM
The Mountain Area Health Education Center designates this entire continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 0.4 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
4.000 Contact Hours
MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 4.00 Contact Hours.
4.000 NBCC Hours
Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5514. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MAHEC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. 4.00 hours
This course has been approved by MAHEC, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #165445. MAHEC is responsible for all aspects of their programming. Approved for 4.00 hours.
4.000 Contact Hours (category A) CE for NC Psychologists
MAHEC is recognized by the North Carolina Psychology Board as an approved Provider of Category A Continuing Education for North Carolina Licensed Psychologists. Approved for 4.00 hours Category A.