DescriptionThis lecture/discussion-based educational activity will provide an overview of the X-ray Program and the purpose of an inspection. There will be in-depth detail about what is reviewed during an inspection with an emphasis on safety in the "Radiation Area." Participants will learn how to develop properly Written Safety Procedures and a Radiation Protection Program, including hand held dental units. Resources that assist with ensuring compliance will also be reviewed.
Note: This will be available only by live webinar to individuals; and to small groups in areas with poor internet connectivity at videoconference host sites in the MAHEC service region. Host sites must comply with NC DHHS COVID group gathering guidelines. To request a group videoconference option, please contact the planner of the course: Rosalyn Wasserman
Dental Healthcare Providers
Upon completion of this lecture/discussion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the X-ray Program and the purpose of an inspection
- List what is reviewed during an inspection
- Explain the importance of safety in the "Radiation Area"
- Develop a "Written Safety Procedures" and a "Radiation Protection Program" that highlights hand held dental units
- Locate resources with documents that will assist with ensuring compliance
- Regina Kissinger, RT (R) (M) AART