DescriptionThe 3rd North Carolina Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Oncology Symposium will bring together multidisciplinary providers and researchers from across the state who are interested in improving care for this patient population. This virtual symposium will focus on the unique survivorship needs of AYAs in North Carolina. This knowledge-based symposium will feature a mix of didactic lectures and panel discussions.
Jointly provided by
In collaboration with
Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, Researchers, Psychologists, Child Life Specialists, Advance Practice Providers, Hospital Administrators & Program Directors
- Distinguish outcomes for AYAs from those of older adults and children diagnosed with cancer.
- Examine unique opportunities and challenges related to conducting research in this age-defined population.
- Describe the concept of risk-based cancer survivorship care for the AYA cancer survivor.
- Discuss the roles of the oncologist, primary care provider, and the survivor.
- Kelly Acharya, MD
- Carly Bailey, MA, ACSM-CEP
- Rachel Becker, LMSW
- Suzanne C. Danhauer, PhD
- Kevin C. Oeffinger, MD
- Rebecca A. Shelby, PhD
- Carmina G. Valle, PhD, MPH
- Brad Zebrack, PhD, MSW, MPH