DescriptionJoin with colleagues, who are both healthcare providers and aging services providers, as we explore the many facets of successful aging through the lens of racial equity and COVID-19. This year’s special focus is on reducing social isolation in marginalized older adults. The Summit will be "virtual" only and include presentations as well as small group breakouts, facilitated by aging experts.
This project is supported by funds from the Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant number # 2U1QHP28734 Carolina Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the BHPr, HRSA, DHHS or the U.S. Government. The UNC Center for Aging and Health, Carolina Geriatric Education Center also provided support for this activity.
This educational activity is supported by the Area Agency on Aging at Land-of-Sky Regional Council Council and the Council on Aging of Buncombe County, Inc.
Healthcare Providers and Aging Services Providers
- Identify bright spots and sustainable change for aging gracefully in WNC
- Describe home-based primary care
- Identify when and how to make an Adult Protective Services report
- Assist clients to make informed end-of-life decisions
- Use activity to manage disease & prevent injury
- Envision ways to reduce social isolation and racial inequity in older adults
- Kathey A. Avery, RN, BSN
- Heather Bauer
- Suzanne E. Landis, MD, MPH
- Amy Joy Lanou, PhD
- William C. McLean, MD
- Candie Ross-Moore, GNP, BC, APRN
- Lori Schrodt, PT, PhD, MS
- Casey Sharpe, MD
- Jen Teague, MA
- Jessica Whitehill, MS
- Crystal W. Wiley Cene, MD, MPH, FAH
- Elizabeth A. Williams, BSW
- Tasha R. Woodall, PharmD, BCGP, CPP