DescriptionSubtle® Yoga incorporates ethical engagement, breathing techniques, healing movement, meditation, and other practices which can improve mental health, and foster resiliency in the body and mind. In this workshop participants will learn basic yoga practices to improve the symptoms of trauma, including brief interventions for self-soothing and grounding, and longer terms strategies for befriending the body, regulating the nervous system, and moving toward self-regulation and empowerment.
Research findings on the efficacy of yoga for PTSD will be presented, including understandings of how yoga recruits neuroplasticity to effect healing through both top-down and bottom-up strategies. The benefits of yoga in clinical settings will be explored. Opportunity to practice yoga during the workshop will help participants learn to utilize basic skills to help improve client outcomes and for clinician self-care.
Subtle® Yoga is an exceptionally adaptable approach to yoga practice which is person centered and can be tailored to clients with differing abilities. It fosters the development of attention and mindfulness, and promotes spiritual development in the context of any belief system. Please wear comfortable clothes to move in and dress in layers. You are welcome to bring a yoga mat.
“It’s interesting that right now there are about six to ten million people in America who practice yoga… They’ve discovered that there’s something they can do to regulate their internal systems.”
- Bessel van der Kolk, MD author, "The Body Keeps the Score"
Group RegistrationsRegistering 5 or more participants with one payment? Please use the paper registration form at the end of the PDF brochure. Send completed paper registrations for the full group to the Registration Team at MAHEC.
Group Rate Available$145/person
Five or more from same agency, registering & paying at same time
(add $15 to fee if registering within one week of the event)
By registering, participants agree that information may be shared with Subtle Yoga instructors.
Subtle® Yoga Series
- A special price of $3,300 includes all the Workshops in the 2021 / 2022 season, as well as the Teacher Training. However, it must be paid in full by April 9, 2021. To register for the entire series, follow this link to the Teacher Training Certification.
- To learn more about and/or register for individual trainings in the series, please click HERE.
Target audience will consists of mental health professionals including substance abuse counselors, social workers, psychologists, counselors, marriage and family therapists, school counselors and other professionals interested in this subject.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Incorporate basic Subtle® Yoga techniques to address trauma in clinical practice.
- List trauma informed best practices for using yoga clinically and how to present Subtle® Yoga techniques to diverse groups with different belief systems and a range of movement abilities.
- Demonstrate Subtle® Yoga techniques for clinical practice with clients, while applying techniques in class which may also be used for clinician self- care to maintain optimal awareness, congruent with the highest ethical standards of clinical practice.
- Ashley Lester, LISW-CP, eRYT200
- Kristine Kaoverii T. Weber, MA, c-IAYT, eRYT500
Subtle® Yoga for Trauma Recovery: A One Day Introduction via Webinar only
2/26 8:30 AM–5:00 PM
The Mountain Area Health Education Center designates this entire continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 0.7 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
7.000 Contact Hours
MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 7.0 Contact Hours.
7.000 NBCC Hours
Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5514. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MAHEC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. 7.0 hours
This course has been approved by MAHEC, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #165445. MAHEC is responsible for all aspects of their programming. Approved for 7.0 hours.
7.000 Contact Hours (category A) CE for NC Psychologists
MAHEC is recognized by the North Carolina Psychology Board as an approved Provider of Category A Continuing Education for North Carolina Licensed Psychologists. Approved for 7.0 hours Category A.