DescriptionDrawing from both scientific and clinical research, the Southern Headache Society 10th Annual Scientific Meeting will focus on clinical advances in headache medicine. Lecture topics will include, but not limited to: motor disorders, psychogenic pain, SPG Blocks, non-pharmacologic treatment, neuroimaging, spontaneous intracranial hypotension (SIH), idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH), post-traumatic headaches (PTH), and pediatric headache disorders . The curriculum is intended for both specialists in headache medicine as well as general neurology, and primary care providers treating headache.
Southern Headache Society (SHS) MembershipInterested in Membership? To become a new member or to renew your current membership and pay dues, please visit the SHS website.
Not interested in Membership at this time? There is room for you too-- register as a Non-Member today!
Questions about Membership? Click HERE to contact the Southern Headache Society
By registering for this conference, you are granting permission for your contact information to be shared with the Southern Headache Society.
Physicians (MD, DO), Advance Practice Providers (APPS), and Nurses
Upon completion of this educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Select innovative therapies, devices, medications, and procedures for the treatment of migraine, trigeminal autonomic cephalgias and post-traumatic headache.
- Perform specific interventional techniques with headache patients in their office setting.
- Incorporate 2020's learned, evidence-based headache literature into their daily practice.
- Utilize appropriate behavioral interventions when interacting with patients experiencing primary headache disorders.
- AJ Apkarian, PhD
- Pamela Blake, MD, FAHS
- K.C. Brennan, MD
- Carrie O. Dougherty, MD, FAHS
- Randolph W. Evans, MD, FAAN, FAHS
- Howard L. Fields, MD, PhD
- Alan G. Finkel, MD, FAHS
- Deborah I. Friedman, MD, MPH
- Linda Gray Leithe, MD
- Frank J. Keefe, PhD
- Elizabeth Leroux, MD, FRCPC
- Elizabeth Loder, MD
- Brian Loftus, MD
- William Maixner, DDS, PhD
- Morris Maizels, MD
- Christopher B. Oakley, MD
- Brian M. Plato, DO, FAHS
- Howard Schubiner, MD
- Jon Stone, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCP
- Lauren D. Strauss, DO
- Rebecca E. Wells, MD, MPH
Southern Headache Society 10th Annual Scientific Meeting - Via Live Webinar - (all times are CST)
9/11 1:00 PM–9/13 12:30 PM
Concurrent Session 1: Contributions of SHS Members - Via Live Webinar - (all times are CST)
9/12 1:15 PM–4:45 PM
Concurrent Session 2: Diagnosis & Treatment in 2020 - Via Live Webinar - (all times are CST)
9/12 1:15 PM–4:45 PM
The Mountain Area Health Education Center designates this entire continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 1.5 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
14.500 Contact Hours
MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 14.50 Contact Hours.
14.500 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) through the joint providership of the Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) and Southern Headache Society. MAHEC is accredited by the NCMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Credit Designation: MAHEC designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.