Online Registration is now closed | Walk-ins are Welcome!
The Brain Injury Association of NC (BIANC), in collaboration with the Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC), is offering this interprofessional conference on December 6 & 7, 2019, at MAHEC in Asheville, NC. This conference will enable healthcare providers to review the basics of TBI care while moving forward with new approaches to assist TBI survivors and their families in life after TBI. Topics will be addressed by expert speakers and a TBI survivor.
TBI survivors and family members are invited to join the conference on Saturday, December 7th, but must pre-register.
By registering for this workshop, you are granting permission for your contact information to be shared with BIANC, which is a collaborating partner of this continuing education activity.
BIANC Cocktail ReceptionFriday, December 6, 2019, 5-7pm
Kessler Ballroom of the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
Cash bar and heavy hors d’oeuvres.
No charge but must RSVP with the number of attendees to Karen Keating at BIANC: email@example.com
MAHEC has negotiated reduced rates with several local hotels. More information can be found here.
Certified Brain Injury Specialists, Mental Healthcare Providers including Psychologists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists & Assistants, Physical Therapists & Assistants, Speech-language Pathologists, Social Workers, TBI Survivors & Families
Upon completion of this educational activity:
- Describe how Care Coordination relates to TBI in NC and how the Medicaid TBI waivers can help TBI survivors move forward (Day One)
- Recognize that TBI affects individuals as well as their family members/caregivers, who are also in need of support and resources (Day One)
- Relay the legal and ethical implications of TBI to survivors and families (Day One)
- Incorporate the basics of TBI care, including treatment of pain, visual disturbances, balance, behavioral health issues, and identifying the potential for substance use disorders that can result from TBI (Day One and Day Two)
- Implement individual therapies and multi-disciplinary approaches that help persons with TBI cope with challenges as they move forward in life (Day One and Day Two)
- Learn from TBI survivors and others what they are doing to move forward in their TBI recovery with perseverance and resilience (Day One and Day Two)
- Shaun Carlson, MSPT
- Robert G. Credeur Parish, RN, CRRN, BSN
- Karen Keating, CBIS
- Jay A. Kerr, Jr., JD
- Judy Kinnally, MEd, CCC-SLP
- Michael Krok, LCDR, PT, DPT, OCS
- Michael D. Parmer, DO, FAAHPM, CPE
- Jeff Payne, MA
- Ramsay Pierce, E-RYT 200
- Daniel Pietrzak, MBA
- Ana M. Poyd, PsyD
- Lyn B. VanOver, BS, MA
- Courtney B. Wallace, MPT
- Susan B. White, OTR/L, CBIS