DescriptionThe Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Recertification Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in resuscitation of a patient, in or out of the hospital setting. The goal of the ACLS Provider course is to improve the quality of care provided to the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergency. Students will practice the application of these and other skills in simulated cases, and will practice both team leader and team member roles.
Pre-requisiteBefore the course, complete the mandatory Precourse Self-Assessment modules on the American Heart Association student website; enter code "acls15".
Online registration is available on the blue "register" tab above for the Provider Recertification Course.
The following 2-step training is also available!Part 1: Online eLearning Course with the American Heart Association
Fee: $132.00, payable to AHA
Course takes approximately 6-7 hours.
Print your certificate of completion and bring it with you to your appointment.
Part 2 & 3: Schedule an appointment with Ronnie Metcalf for Skills Practice and Testing
Call Ronnie Metcalf at 828-257-4478 to schedule.
Fee : $50.00 (Free for MAHEC employees)
Payable by cash, credit card or check made payable to MAHEC
For more information: Ronnie Metcalf
Physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, pre-hospital emergency personnel, respiratory therapists, dentists, and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency
- Recognize early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating AED use
- Manage cardiac arrest until the return of spontaneous circulation, transfer of care, or termination of resuscitation
- Identify ischemic chest pain and treatment strategies
- Expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes
- Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke and what effective initial care and transfer criteria are needed to reduce disability and death
- Ronnie C. Metcalf, RN-BC, EdD, ONC
Full Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Initial and Recertification Provider Courses
6/2 8:00 AM–3:00 PM
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Initial and Recertification Provider Courses
10/20 8:00 AM–3:00 PM
The Mountain Area Health Education Center designates this entire continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 0.70 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
7.000 Contact Hours
MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 7.00 Contact Hours.
7.000 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Accreditation: The Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) is accredited by the North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Credit Designation: MAHEC designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity