DescriptionPrescriber champions are joining forces with MAHEC to engage in collective impact to resolve the opioid crisis. MAHEC is providing a training for prescribers at residency & training programs such as NP and PA schools to support the incorporation of MAT waiver training into their curriculum. As a first step to help champions become waiver trainers, MAHEC is offering a 2-day experiential train the trainer event. In addition, participants will learn trauma informed care and resiliency informed care models with a health equity approach to treatment and prevention.
Bonus shadowing opportunity!On June 3rd and 6th we are offering an additional technical assistance opportunity. Join us to shadow patient visits at our Family Health Center and meet with our integrated healthcare team. Sign up for a morning or afternoon session. The session will consist of reviewing our protocol, policies, and procedures. Come see us in action!
Registrations for shadowing opportunities must be received by May 1st, 2019
In Collaboration With
(AAAP is the data sponsor for this MAT training)
This document is supported by funds from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement Number 6NU90TP921993.
By registering for this workshop, you are granting permission for your contact information to be shared with DHHS, which is a collaborating partner of this continuing education activity.
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by grant no. 5U79TI026556-03 from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Asheville - Biltmore, 115 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC for June 2, 2019 - June 6, 2019. The special room rate will be available until May 11th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Click here to register online or call 828-274-1800.
Providers, APP's, Prescribers
- Define how to teach the MAT Waiver Eligibility Training (Live Session)
- Utilize adult learning strategies in implementing and facilitating MAT presentations
- Analyze strategies to incorporate MAT into curriculum ongoing
- Identify workforce and knowledge gaps and utilize implementation science to bridge them
- Describe strategies for implementing behavioral health models such as trauma and resiliency informed care in MAT
- Review best practices and lessons learned from MAHEC’s integrated team clinics in FM and OB/GYN
- Analyze ways to adapt the MAT policies and procedures toolkit to your residency/training program
- Elaine Alexander, BSN, MSN, RNC-OB
- Samantha Brawley, CPSS
- Katie Dunlap, MD
- Blake Fagan, MD
- Carriedelle H. Fusco, RN, MSN, FNP-BC
- Marie N. Gannon, LPC, LCAS, CSI, CCS
- Nathan Mullins, MD
- Melinda Ramage, MSN, FNP-BC, CARN-AP
- Zach White, LCSW, LCAS, CSI
- Courtenay Wilson, PharmD, BCACP, BCPS
- Stephen Wyatt, DO
Main Conference (June 4-5 | Tuesday and Wednesday)
Train the Trainer - PCSS MAT Waiver Training for Prescriber Champions
6/4 8:00 AM–6/5 3:30 PM
The Mountain Area Health Education Center designates this entire continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 1.5 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
15.000 Contact Hours
MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 15.00 Contact Hours.
15.000 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Accreditation: The Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) is accredited by the North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Credit Designation: MAHEC designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.