DescriptionKick off Asthma and Allergy Awareness month at this annual, one-day, interprofessional summit. It will highlight team-based asthma care with information about social determinants of health and managed care, include practical presentations about pulmonary function testing, asthma devices and asthma guidelines, plus cover hot topics like e-cigarettes and biologics. Exhibitors will be on-site with information about asthma-related products and services.
By registering for this summit, you are granting permission for your contact information to be shared with the Asthma Alliance of North Carolina (AANC), which is a joint provider of this education event.
LodgingCountry Inn & Suites by Radisson® Burlington (Elon)
3211 Wilson Drive
Burlington, NC 27215
A special rate is available for Summit attendees: $89.00 for a 2- Queen Bed Suite or 1 King Bed Suite (plus tax).
Click HERE to reserve your room online or call 336-584-1115.
Please ask for the “Asthma Summit” rate when making your reservation.
Note: Block rate closes April 30, 2019.
Health Educators, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Environmental Health Specialists, and other interested professionals.
Upon completion of this educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss Medicaid managed care as it applies to asthma
- Incorporate social determinants of health into care of persons with asthma
- Cite the impact of e-cigarettes on asthma
- List biologics used in asthma
- Utilize correct practical approaches to treatment of asthma, such as PFTs or devices or guidelines
- Include healthy housing resources for the care of persons with asthma
- Brett Byerly
- Margaret R. Donohoe, MD
- Robert A. Eick, MD, MPH
- Micheal G. Handley
- Alan D. Huneycutt, MPH, REHS, HHS
- Ilona Jaspers, PhD
- Kirsten Leloudis, JD, MPH
- Chris Pernell
- Sharon L. Rohrer, RRT, AE-C, RCP, CTTS
- Amy Trees, AE-C, RRT, RCP, RPFT
- Cornell P. Wright, MPA