Online registration is now closed. Walk-ins for the LIVE event at MAHEC are welcome!
In the current shifting environment within MACRA, practices are impacted by the ability to control costs surrounding discharge management and post discharge transition. Developing solutions to the challenges and barriers around these metrics are key to providing high quality and lower costs surrounding high risk patients. In short, without controlling these costs and coordinating care, practices will experience adjustments to revenue. This conference will outline key processes integral to identifying co attributed patients with pre and post episode interventions. It will establish a workflow by which any practice can improve on cost reductions while improving patient care and experience through coordinated care and engagement.
This conference will also focus on the 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) final rule related to office/outpatient based E&M coding. The information will cover the rationale for the changes, an explanation of the new reimbursement model, description of the new additional payment codes, and tips for implementation.
MDs, DOs, PAs, NPs, Practice Managers, QI Managers & Staff, EHR Super Users
Upon completion of this knowledge based educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Provide 2019 Final Rule Overview
- Define Performance Category Requirements for Year 3 Reporting
- Discuss scoring strategies for Year 3
- Identify a workflow between specialist and primary care that promotes patient self-management, increased quality of care and cost reduction through reduced re-admission
- Illustrate potential barriers to an effective system and provide solutions including appropriate and effective follow up strategies
- Describe a process to identify high risk patients between providers in order to provide focused co-management designed for improved results in both quality and cost savings metrics
- Recognize the rationale and intent of the new E&M coding rules
- Describe the new reimbursement model for office/outpatient based E/M visits and potential additional payment codes
- Operationalize the criteria in practice
- Tammy Garrity, BS, PCMH, CCE
- Mark Holmstrom, MSHA, FACHE, CMPE
- Terri l. Roberts, MS, PCMH CCE