DescriptionOnline registration is now closed. Walk-ins are welcome!
Please join EmergeOrtho/Blue Ridge Division for the first Blue Ridge Sports Medicine Symposium. This exciting event will cover a variety of topics in the treatment of athletes including: evaluation of knee injuries, management of shoulder instability, common foot and ankle sports injuries, current concussion management, nutrition/hydration/heat related illness and femoroacetabular impingement/labral injuries in the athlete. In addition, there will be a case based panel discussion with audience participation to highlight cutting edge and controversial topics. Symposium presenters will include EmergeOrtho sub-specialists as well as expert medical providers from Asheville and surrounding areas.
Athletic Trainers, Athletic Directors, Physicians, Coaches, Advanced Practice Providers, Nurses, OT and COTAs, PT and PTAs, and all other interested individuals
- Describe clinical evaluation of knee injuries in the athlete
- Evaluate shoulder instability in the athlete
- Define heat related illnesses
- Assess a patient with potential concussion with the most current clinical data available
- Evaluate common hand and wrist injuries in the athlete
- Describe the management of femoroacetabular impingement and labral injuries in the athlete
- Robert E. Boykin, MD
- Mark R. Hedrick, MD
- Jay C. Jansen, MD
- Patrick King, MD
- Michael P. Shea, MD
- Aaron Vaughan, MD, CAQSM