CANCELED, FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Ronnie Metcalf (828-257-4478)
The PALS course is designed to provide pediatric healthcare providers with the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infants and children and help improve outcomes.
***Early Registration is encouraged as seating is limited***
Pre-requisiteBefore the course, complete the mandatory Precourse Self-Assessment modules on the AHA student website; enter code "pals15".
Physicians, Nurses, Paramedics and others caring for the pediatric population
- Identification and treatment of problems that place the child at risk for cardiac arrest
- Application of a systematic approach to pediatric assessments
- Use of PALS algorithms and flowchart
- Demonstration of effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Ronnie C. Metcalf, RN-BC, EdD, ONC