DescriptionThis lecture and discussion-based educational program will focus on pharmacotherapy that can impact your practice of dentistry. Topics will include opioid prescribing/pain management, antibiotic use and other medication-related oral health issues.
Note: As part of this program, an hour will be devoted to opioid prescribing/pain management, which fulfills the annual opioid education requirement for dentists who prescribe controlled substances, for their license renewal.
MAHEC has the ability to provide a videoconference of this event to other satellite locations in the MAHEC region. Please contact the planner of the course to arrange a videoconference. Rosalyn Wasserman
Group RegistrationsRegistering 2 or more participants with one payment? Please use the PDF Brochure/Registration Form, and send completed paper registrations for the full group to the Registration Team at MAHEC.
Dental Healthcare Providers
- Discuss current opioid prescribing practices, how to access the NC CSRS correctly, and implement safe pharmacological approaches to acute dental pain
- Cite antibiotic stewardship principles; incorporate effective antibiotic prophylaxis and treatment
- Relate the impact of various medications on oral health conditions
- Kimberly A. Sanders, PharmD
- Michael Wolcott, PharmD, BCPS