DescriptionSubtle® Yoga incorporates ethical engagement, breathing techniques, healing movement, meditation, and other practices which can improve mental health, and foster resiliency in the body and mind. In this workshop participants will learn basic yoga practices to improve the symptoms of trauma, including brief interventions for self-soothing and grounding, and longer term strategies for befriending the body, regulating the nervous system, and moving toward self-regulation and empowerment.
Research findings on the efficacy of yoga for PTSD will be presented, including understandings of how yoga recruits neuroplasticity to effect healing through both top-down and bottom-up strategies. The benefits of yoga in clinical settings will be explored. The opportunity to practice yoga during the workshop will help participants learn to utilize basic skills to help improve client outcomes and for clinician self-care.
Subtle® Yoga is an exceptionally adaptable approach to yoga practice that is person-centered and may be tailored to clients with differing abilities. It fosters the development of attention and mindfulness, and promotes spiritual development in the context of any belief system. Please wear comfortable clothes to move in and dress in layers. You are welcome to bring a yoga mat.
"It’s interesting that, right now, there are about six to ten million people in America who practice yoga… They’ve discovered that there’s something they can do to regulate their internal systems."
- Bessel van der Kolk, MD
Author of The Body Keeps the Score
Subtle® Yoga SeriesSubtle® Yoga courses are a unique offering of holistically oriented, mind-body behavioral health care. You are welcome to take any Subtle Yoga modules on an individual basis (as multiple or sole trainings) or in any order, except for the Subtle Yoga Teacher Training Certification for Behavioral Health Professionals: Teaching Yoga to Individuals and Groups (RYT200) which begins in Fall of 2020.
- A special price of $3,300 includes all Workshops in the 2019 / 2020 season, as well as the Teacher Training, however, it must be paid in full by 11/15/2019.
- To learn more about the Teacher Training, and/or to register for the FULL Subtle® Yoga Series, Click HERE.
- To learn more about individual trainings in the series: Click HERE
Group RegistrationsRegistering 5 or more participants with one payment? Please use the paper registration form at the end of the PDF brochure. Send completed paper registrations for the full group to the Registration Team at MAHEC.
Group Rate Available$145/person | Five or more from same agency, registering & paying at same time (add $15 to fee after 8/30/19)
*For full list of registration fees, please scroll to the bottom of this page or see the pdf brochure
Your target audience will consist of mental health professionals (including substance abuse counselors, social workers, psychologists, counselors, marriage and family therapists, school counselors) and other professionals interested in this subject.
- Incorporate basic Subtle® Yoga techniques to address trauma in clinical practice.
- List trauma-informed best practices for using yoga clinically and how to present Subtle® Yoga techniques to diverse groups with different belief systems and a range of movement abilities.
- Demonstrate Subtle® Yoga techniques for clinical practice with clients, while applying techniques in class which may also be used for clinician self- care to maintain optimal awareness, congruent with the highest ethical standards of clinical practice.
- Ashley Lester, LISW-CP, eRYT200
- Kristine Kaoverii T. Weber, MA, c-IAYT, eRYT500