ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
WALK-INS ARE WELCOME.
In its 65th season, the Southern Obstetric and Gynecologic Seminar is a three-day educational event designed to address relevant and timely topics in women’s health for the busy provider. Distinguished lecturers and leading experts in the field of obstetrics and gynecology will present clinical best-practices and care recommendations that the provider can easily implement to improve patient care and outcomes. The content covered in this year’s conference was derived from assessing the information needs and educational gaps reported by Southern’s physician membership. Information will be delivered through a series of four lectures each day, case-studies, as well as question and answer sessions.
Accompanying the academic portion of the annual meeting, Southern’s members value the opportunity to interact socially with longstanding and new members. This year Southern returns to the Biltmore Estate-George W. Vanderbilt's summer house.
Activities during the 2019 Annual Meeting in include:
Wednesday evening’s Welcome Reception will be held at The Loft at Cedric's Tavern located in Antler Hill Village®.
NEW: Thursday afternoon will feature Vanderbilt Tasting and Production Tour. Guests will learn about what it takes to make Biltmore’s award-winning wines with an exclusive guided tour of the production facilities, followed by an informative sampling. Participants must be at least 21 years of age; space is limited.
Friday evening Membership Banquet in the Deerpark Lodge.
Length of Stay Pass - Also NEW this year, available for guests staying on the Biltmore Estate only, this pass will grant you daily access to the Biltmore House for the duration of your stay for the price of a one-day admission ticket (during house hours only). In addition to self-guided house visits, this pass gives you access to the historic gardens, Antler Hill Village®, exhibitions, free tasting at the Winery, hiking and biking trails, and more! Children under 16 years of age are free with parents who purchase the Length of Stay tickets.
Please note: If you are not a member of Southern OB/GYN and wish to become one, you must pay the non-member fee as well as the annual dues. Current Southern OB/GYN member's annual dues are included in your fee.
By registering for this annual meeting, you are granting permission for your contact information to be shared with Southern Obstetric and Gynecologic Seminar Inc., which is a joint provider of this continuing education activity.
There are a limited number of rooms remaining at the Village Hotel on the Biltmore Estate at a discounted rate; please click here to make a reservation. If you wish to call the Village Hotel (1-866-336-1245), please use using the group code: 19y1e9.
MAHEC has negotiated reduced rates with several local hotels. More information can be found here.
This annual educational program is designed for Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Registered Nurses, and others who is committed to advancing the quality of care for their female patients.
- Review the definition and distinguish between the different categories of pregnancies of unknown location (PUL)
- Interpret ultrasound findings and laboratory results to categorize a PUL
- Discuss updated ACOG guidelines regarding carrier screening for prenatal patients and cancer screening
- Review the evidence regarding evaluation of stillbirth at the time of presentation
- Review the current available Emergency Contraceptive options
- Recognize special reproductive health needs of women veterans
- Review relevant health and human services issues at the NC General Assembly including Medicaid expansion
- Discuss how to incorporate Centering into your practice
- Explain the current thoughts on the pathophysiology of interstitial cystitis
- Describe the basic neurologic control of urinary storage and voiding
- Recognize treatments for OAB beyond anticholinergics
- Amy A. Boardman, MD
- Dale Curriden, Esq.
- Liz I. Deans, MD MPH
- Rob Lamme, BA
- Amanda Murphy, CNM, MSN
- Stephanie T. Ros, MD, MSCI
- Michael Schurr, MD
- Steven Swift, MD