DescriptionThe 2nd Annual LPN symposium will address current and important topics related to the practice of the LPN in a variety of clinical settings. Topics to include: Lifestyle Medicine, Integrative Health, Enhancing Clinical Competency through Simulation; Sleep Apnea; Suicide Prevention; and Self Care for the LPN. This event will also provide clinical education with Poster Presentations developed by and presented by LPNs with in the region. As health care reform continues to take shape, the role of the LPN will continue to be an integral part of the nursing workforce that is needed for healthcare reform.
Poster PresentationsIf you are a CNA interested in submitting a poster presentation, please contact Ronnie Metcalf EdD, RN, ONC via email.
LPN, Nursing Home Administrators, Directors of Nursing, RN and all other interested individuals
- List ways to reduce suicide rate related to LPN Role in in patient care
- Define Lifestyle Medicine and how it relates to self care for LPNs
- Explain how sleep apnea affects the LPN and how it impacts solid work performance
- Evaluate how simulation impacts clinical competency
- Elaine Alexander, BSN, MSN, RNC-OB
- Brian H. Asbill, MD, FACC
- Calvin Gardner, RPSGT, RST
- Carol Mayfield, LCSW, LCAS
- Patricia Rux, RN, CHPN
- Jim Sacco, MSW, LCSW