DescriptionRoy Kiessling, LISW, ACSW returns to offer an Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Basic Training & Refresher, “Integrating EMDR into Your Clinical Practice,” in two parts at MAHEC in Asheville, North Carolina.
This EMDR training includes the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) approved Part 1 & 2 weekends, plus the ten required hours of basic consultation. The two-part training may also be utilized as an excellent refresher course for previously trained providers.
Part 1: June 6 - 8, 2019
The Foundations of EMDR
The Adaptive Information Processing Model
EMDR’s 8 Phases and 3 Prongs
Belief Schema Targeting Sequence Planning
Multiple Stabilization Skills
The Processing Continuum (EMD, EMDr, EMDR)
Four Supervised Practice Sessions
Four Stabilization Resourcing Skills
EMD on Present or Future Triggers
Acute Stress or Processing Using Drawings
Part 2: July 25 - 27, 2019
The Standard EMDR Procedures
Building upon the techniques practiced after Part 1, participants will expand their knowledge and skills by learning:
Complex Targeting Sequence Planning Options
Extended Resourcing Skills
The full implementation of EMDR’s procedures, and advanced clinical interventions to use during reprocessing with:
Clients with Dissociative Tendencies
Addictions: Introduction to DeTUR & FSAP
Phobia, Grief, & Pain
Four Supervised Practice Sessions
Complex Target Sequence Planning
Four Behavior Change Resourcing Skills
Two Sessions of Standard EMDR Reprocessing
Fees include Parts 1 & 2 training weekends, educational materials, ten hours of consultation, and audio downloads of the lectures for continued learning.
To be eligible for the reduced rate for non-profit organizations and Medicaid providers, participants must list the organization name or Medicaid provider number at the time of registration.
By registering for this program, you are also authorizing MAHEC to share your contact information with EMDR Consulting, LLC so that you may receive manuals, training information, and ongoing resources relating the practice of EMDR.
Group RegistrationsRegistering five or more participants with one payment? Please use the paper registration form at the end of the Brochure PDF. All registrations must be submitted at the same time. Completed paper registrations can be faxed, scanned and emailed, or mailed to the MAHEC Registration Team.
This course is open to Master's level Mental Health Professionals. Interns & students must be enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral program. Training eligibility for other health care professionals will be considered. Physicians need a medical specialty in Psychiatry, and Nurses need a Master of Science in Nursing with a specialty in Psychiatric Nursing. Participants registering at the nonprofit/student/peer support rate must show proof of enrollment at check-in.
- PART 1: Describe the EMDR’s Adaptive Information Processing Model, eight phases and three pronged procedures
- PART 1: Explain how to integrate EMDR’s targeting sequence plan from a belief schema perspective into a clinical practice
- PART 1: Demonstrate the ability to practice effective, efficient and safe reprocessing of a client’s acute stress by using Restricted Processing (a.k.a. EMDR)
- PART 1: Describe EMDR’s use when working with acute stress, dissociative type clients, the military, couples, and children
- PART 2: Describe complex client case conceptualization (Targeting Sequence Treatment Plans)
- PART 2: Practice the Extended Resourcing Procedures
- PART 2: Practice using the full Standard EMDR eight phase, three prong treatment
- PART 2: Describe EMDR’s usefulness in treating addictions, phobias, grief, and somatic disorders
- Roy Kiessling, LISW, ACSW