DescriptionThis workshop is a transformational approach to helping clients heal beyond their stories to experience a greater sense of joy and wholeness through a unique process of personality integration. It features concepts from the Inner Counselor Technique ™ and expands on the work of psychologists such as Abraham Maslow, Carl Gustav Jung, and William James. This course targets both the spiritual and psychological dimensions to assist clients in changing their automatic response patterns. As a clinician, this workshop will provide you with transpersonal tools to help your clients get to the root of their suffering, become more self-actualized, and enhance their ability to independently access a state of sheer joy in their daily lives.
Mental health professionals including substance abuse counselors, social workers, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, school counselors and other professionals interested in this subject.
- Describe at least three mindfulness-based, stress reduction techniques to reduce symptoms associated with trauma
- Identify key components of The Inner Counselor™ Process
- Review historical and empirical information supporting this strategy
- Demonstrate an ability to match specific skills / techniques with individual client needs to increase frequency of joy in client's lives
- Shannon D. South, LPC, ThD