DescriptionWhat do you need to know about your student with a cardiology concern? When are restrictions needed for lifestyle choices? This session will focus on the school age child. You are asked to bring your stethoscope and blood pressure cuff with you for the practice session.
School Nurses in North Carolina
- State two cardiac disease prevention measures
- Define the new 2017 HTN guidelines
- Demonstrate the use of guidelines for appropriate referral and follow up
- Demonstrate appropriate technique of taking a blood pressure
- Tamara Garland, RN, BSN, NCSN
- Bridget P. Hansel, CPNP-AC