DescriptionOnline registration is now closed. Walk-ins are welcome!
St. Mark’s Church, Burlington, NC
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Observe Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month at this annual one-day interprofessional summit. It will highlight the NIH asthma guidelines; the impact of ACEs, obesity and wildfires on asthma; the role of school nurses and community health workers in asthma; and more. Exhibitors will be on-site with asthma-related products.
Your contact information will be shared with our program partner, AANC.
The Country Inn and Suites by Radisson
3211 Wilson Drive
Burlington, N.C. 27215
Reserve your room online or call 336-584-1115
A special rate is available for summit attendees: $89.00 for a king suite (plus tax) and $99.00 for a double queen suite (plus tax). Please ask for the "Asthma Summit" fee when making your reservation.
Registered Environmental Health Specialists, Health Educators, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, and interested others
- Utilize NIH guidelines for care of persons with asthma
- Cite the impact of adverse childhood experiences, obesity and wildfires on asthma
- Respect the roles of various team members, including clinicians and public health specialists, in working with persons who have asthma
- Incorporate new knowledge about asthma devices or biologics or novel nicotine delivery systems in the care of persons who have asthma
- Sharon K. Nelson, MPH
- Jim D. Martin, MS
- Theresa P. Blount, BSN RN AE-C + B488
- Ann O. Nichols, RN MSN NCSN
- Elizabeth C. Tilson, MD MPH FAAP FACPM
- Jennifer Caicedo, ABAAI, ABP, MD
- Tish P. Singletary, BA
- Jason E. Lang, MD
- David Diaz-Sanchez, PhD
- Gary Falcetano, PC-C, AE-C
- Ana Rappold, PhD
- Ateya Harbin Wilson, MS