DescriptionThe Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Recertification Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in resuscitation of a patient, in or out of the hospital setting. The goal of the ACLS Provider course is to improve the quality of care provided to the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergency. Students will practice the application of these and other skills in simulated cases, and will practice both team leader and team member roles. Online registration is available on the blue "register" tab above for the Provider Recertification Course. The Prerequisite for this Recertification is to complete the mandatory Precourse Self-Assessment on the student website at the American Heart Association, please enter code ACLS15.
Need to get the Initial ACLS Certification?
You can take the ACLS instruction (Part 1) online at OnlineAHA.org and then complete the skills practice and testing (Parts 2 & 3) in-person at MAHEC at your convenience!
Part 1 ACLS instruction:
Complete online at OnlineAHA.org at a cost of $132.00 (payable to AHA).
(Course takes approximately 6-7 hours.)
Print the certificate of completion and bring it with you to your appointment.
Part 2: Skills Practice and Part 3 Testing:
Schedule an appointment with Ronnie Metcalf (828-257-4478).
Bring the payment for Parts 2 & 3 to the appointment: $45.00 cash, credit card or check payable to MAHEC
($25.00 for MAHEC employees).
This course is also offered on November 8, 2018.
Physicians, nurses, pre-hospital emergency personnel, respiratory therapists, dentists, and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency
- Recognize early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and intergrating AED use
- Manage cardiac arrest until the return of spontaneous circulation, transfer of care, or termination of resuscitation
- Identify ischemic chest pain and treatment strategies
- Expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes
- Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke and what effective initial care and transfer criteria needed to reduce disability and death
Filled Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Initial and Recertification Provider Courses
4/12 8:00 AM–3:00 PM
4.000 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit