DescriptionThis two-day workshop features advanced clinical skills, based on concepts from the Inner Counselor Technique ™ to help clients heal from traumatic experiences. It is a transformational approach, designed to move clients beyond their stories to experience a greater sense of joy and wholeness through a unique process of personality integration. Inner Counselor Techniques ™ expand on the work of psychologists such as Abraham Maslow, Carl Gustav Jung, and William James. The techniques target both spiritual and psychological dimensions to assist clients in changing their automatic response patterns. As a clinician, this workshop will provide you with transpersonal tools to help your clients get to the root of their suffering, become more self-actualized and optimize their sense of joy in everyday life.
The Inner Counselor System has evolved over the last 30 years to become a highly effective approach for self-directed, on-going personal and spiritual healing and growth.
The Inner Counselor has three essential components:
- A clear conceptual framework
- A guided Self-Awareness Process, and
- A method that integrates these two components to create powerful and lasting transformations in body, mind, emotions, and spirit.
The core of this system is a connection with one's "Inner Wisdom." This connection supports the perennial spiritual philosophy that the true "healer" lies within each of us.
Mental health professionals including substance abuse counselors, social workers, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, school counselors and other professionals interested in this subject.
- Describe the main tenets of transpersonal (and spiritual) psychology
- Explain how a clinician may address personal trauma, family patterns and multidimensional patterns with their clients using the Inner Counselor Process ™
- Get to the root of clients’ problems by working with them to answer three pivotal questions:
- What do I really want and need?
- Why do I feel and respond as I do?
- How can I change the direction of my life?
- Outline a specific strategy for assisting clients with integration and transformation of shadow aspects and coping (survival) patterns
- Interface with spiritual clinicians who may assist clients with psychological work and healing at a deeper level
18MH017 - Transpersonal Psychology: Advanced Techniques to Move Clients from Trauma to Self-Actualization and Joy
1/6 9:00 AM–1/7 3:00 PM
The Mountain Area Health Education Center designates this entire continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 1.1 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
11.000 Contact Hours
Contact Hours: MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 11.0 Contact Hours. Full attendance is required.
11.000 NBCC Hours
Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5514. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MAHEC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Full attendance is required to receive credit. 11.0 hours
This course has been approved by MAHEC, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #96726. MAHEC is responsible for all aspects of their programming. Full attendance is required to receive credit from NAADAC. Approved for 11.0 hours.
11.000 Contact Hours (category A) CE for NC Psychologists
Psychologists: MAHEC is recognized by the North Carolina Psychology Board as an approved Provider of Category A Continuing Education for North Carolina Licensed Psychologists. Approved for 11.0 hours Category A. Full attendance is required.