DescriptionThere are no more seats available for the December 11th BLSO
In some rural communities women have to travel further distances to receive prenatal care and deliver their baby. Women traveling further distances to give birth increases their risks and can lead to poorer health for mother and baby. In addition, the rate of premature births is increasing across the country. When normal and emergency pre-hospital obstetric care needs arise, first responders and emergency personnel can respond effectively with the knowledge and confidence they gain as a result of the BLSOSM curriculum. BLSOSM is an evidence-based, hands-on training program that helps you manage normal labor and perinatal emergencies while promoting an environment of teamwork. Adapted from the Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO®) Program, this one-day course focuses on the practical management of normal deliveries and common obstetric emergencies.
All participants are expected to bring the course syllabus to class. The price of this material is included in the registration fee. If your registration is received after November 27, 2017, every effort will be made to deliver the syllabus before the course. The fee after November 27, 2017 will be the registration fee plus a $50.00 charge to ship the manual via express shipping.
Registration for this 12/11/17 course will close at 5:00 pm, Monday, 12/04/17.
PLEASE NOTE: Upon registration you will be emailed a link to the pre-course exam. Registrants are required to score at least 80% and provide the exam summary page to the MAHEC Program Coordinator before attending the BLSOSM Provider Course.
The BLSOSM Provider Course is adapted from the Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO®) program; BLSOSM is an educational program designed to enhance cognitive and procedural skills for medical, nursing and physician assistant students, pre-hospital care providers and emergency personnel.
- Improve the management of normal deliveries, as well as obstetrical emergencies by standardizing the skills of emergency personnel, first responders, and medical, nursing and physician assistant students
- Facilitate productive, collegial interactions between all students interested in maternity care, first responders and maternity care providers
- Assist in establishing and maintaining high standards of education and training for first responders in pre-hospital care, emergency personnel and students in healthcare
- Elevate the quality of patient care, teamwork and patient safety in pre-hospital, emergency personnel and students interested in the provision of maternity care
- Detailed educational objectives are listed at the beginning of each BLSOSM Course Syllabus chapter.