DescriptionThe Ethics of Being Trauma-Informed™ is a compelling, unique and experiential ethics workshop providing mental health clinicians with a variety of trauma-focused practical skills and vital information to positively enhance client care, expand options, and increase perspective. Trauma-informed care across widespread systems, practices and settings will be reviewed and analyzed, in light of various ethical issues.
Licensed mental health clinicians and practitioners who work with individuals with a history of trauma, including psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed counselors, licensed marriage and family therapists, and substance abuse professionals
- List ways in which mental health practice may be enhanced and updated to include Trauma-Informed Practice
- Discuss a working definition of trauma
- Explain the basic neuroscience of trauma
- Outline the core competencies as a trauma-informed clinician
- Develop and articulate clinical and personal standards of practice as a TI practitioner
- List the ethical implications of practicing inside or outside of this context
- Create a Practice Pledge for their agencies
- Cherie L. Spehar, LCSW, CTC-S, RPT-S
Ethics of Being Trauma Informed
4/17 9:00 AM–3:30 PM
The Mountain Area Health Education Center designates this entire continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 0.5 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
5.000 Contact Hours
MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 5.0 Contact Hours. Full attendance is required.
5.000 NBCC Hours
Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5514. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MAHEC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Full attendance is required to receive credit. 5.00 hours
This course has been approved by MAHEC, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #96726. MAHEC is responsible for all aspects of their programming. Full attendance is required to receive credit from NAADAC. Approved for 5.00 hours.
5.000 Contact Hours (category A) CE for NC Psychologists
MAHEC is recognized by the North Carolina Psychology Board as an approved Provider of Category A Continuing Education for North Carolina Licensed Psychologists. Approved for 5.0 hours Category A. Full attendance is required.