DescriptionOnline registration is now closed. Walk-ins are welcome!
Join other healthcare professionals to tackle various acute care issues, such as Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)-engage with an ARDS treatment controversy panel!; Post-Intensive Care Syndrome (PICS) and ICU mobility issues; and other topics such as COPD and Vaping.
Nurses, Respiratory Therapists & Respiratory Care Practitioners
Online registration is now closed. Walk-ins are welcome!
- Discuss the care of the critically ill patient from the acute through outpatient settings
- Compare/contrast treatment philosophies for ARDS
- Cite the physiological effects of "vaping"
- Relay the need of and list the team techniques for safe early ICU patient mobilization
- Cite the physiological effects of bed rest
- Cite the physiological and psychosocial effects of PICS
- Jody G. Miller, BSRT, RRT, RCP
- Pat Daley, RRT, RCP, CPFT
- Bill Shillinglaw, DO, FACOS, MHA
- Lura Beth Boone, BSRT, RRT, RCP
- Cora G. Small, MSN, RN, CCRN, NE-BC
- Calvin Gardner, RPSGT, RST
- Jeanie Bollinger, MSN,RN,ACCNS-AG,CCRN
- Mark R. Goldblatt, DO
- Gregory H. Campbell, MD
- Kimberly D. Freeman, RN/CDE/CTTS/NBCHWC
- Devon Butts, PT, DPT
- Katherine Mastriani, MD
2017 Mountain Air Interprofessional Conference: Team Approach to Optimizing Outcomes
12/8 8:30 AM–4:45 PM
The Mountain Area Health Education Center designates this entire continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 0.7 CEUs as established by the National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit.
6.500 Contact Hours
MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting the criteria for 6.5 Contact Hours. Full attendance is required.
6.500 CNE Contact Hours
6.50 CNE Contact Hours Activity # AP 008-1595 The Mountain Area Health Education Center’s Department of Nursing Education is an Approved Provider of continuing nursing education by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
6.500 NCRCB CE Hours
Approved by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board for 6.50 hours of CE, Program Number 173356.
6.500 NCBPTE Contact Hours
MAHEC, as part of the NCAHEC system, is a NCBPTE-approved provider of continuing competence for activities directly related to physical therapy. NCBPTE 6.50 contact hours.