Online course available now!
As rules regarding treatment of anxiolysis and use of sedation change in NC, many dental healthcare providers are looking for non-pharmaceutical methods to help people with dental anxiety or phobia seek proper, timely dental care. Learn from a clinical psychologist how best to incorporate evidence-based strategies to better care for your patients with dental anxiety with this online 2.5 hour class, which includes a post class online quiz.
The cost of this online course is $ 25. You must click the link below to register.
The overuse of pharmaceuticals is a big problem. Take this course to learn ways for dental healthcare providers to help recognize and assist patients to manage their dental anxiety.
Release Date: 5/27/17
Expiration Date: 6/04/20
Please click here to register
Dentists, Dental Hygienists & Dental Assistants
Please follow this link to register: Registration for Managing Dental Anxiety course
- Discuss the definitions and prevalence of dental anxiety and dental phobia
- Describe the causes of dental anxiety
- Identify symptoms of dental anxiety
- Assess dental anxiety and know when to engage the help of a mental health professional outside of the dental practice
- Describe and utilize strategies to help anxious patients feel more at ease in the dentist’s office and during dental procedures
- Holly Goliwas, MA, LPA