Research and Innovation
MAHEC strives to be a creative and willing regional partner in the innovation of quality patient-centered care, systems of healthcare delivery, and educational excellence.
Innovation projects include clinical and educational research, and the creation, implementation, assessment, revision, and dissemination of models of care and education focused on:
- Improving the lives of seniors
- Quality improvement in primary care
- The Triple Aim
- Graduate medical education
- Undergraduate medical education
- Inter-professional teams
The Division of Research supports projects involving:
- Innovation of quality patient care
- Patient education
- Healthcare delivery
- Population health
- Patient-centered and community based research
Research is a vital component of medical education, contributing to the professional development of faculty and learners, to medical knowledge, community and patient engagement, and to the advancement of medical education.