Student Rotations - ORPCE
Office of Regional Primary Care Education (ORPCE)
The ORPCE mission is to facilitate quality, community-based primary care education for health science students enrolled in NC AHEC associated programs. Our focus is to further primary care education for physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, and pharmacy students in ambulatory community sites, especially in rural and underserved areas, as well as provide support services for preceptors and the associated health science schools.
- Assist with placements in community sites
- Provide and coordinate student housing
- Facilitate quality educational experiences consistent with curricular goals
- Implement protocols for payments to eligible site
- Link to AHEC information resources
- Represent preceptor concerns to the schools, AHECs, and AHEC Program Office
For Health Science Schools:
- Assist with identifying and recruiting preceptor sites
- Coordinate placement of students in community-based sites
- Assist with evaluation of community-based education
The Office of Regional Primary Care Education (ORPCE) works with the following AHEC-Affiliated School and Programs:
Questions: Email Kirstie Conner, Program Manager or call (828) 348-3597.