Geriatric Pharmacy - PGY2
This dynamic residency program will produce geriatric pharmacotherapy specialists who have achieved mastery of the skills necessary to care for the aging population.
A heavy emphasis on teaching will also provide the resident with experience needed to function at a high level in academic environments. The curriculum is especially well suited to foster abilities in ambulatory/primary care geriatrics.
Care will be provided in the following environments:
Residents will gain experience in:
- Serving as a high-functioning member of an interprofessoinal team across multiple care settings, including primary care, skilled nursing/rehabilitation, and home visits
- Teaching learners of multiple disciplines at various levels of training
- Caring for patients and supporting caregivers around the end of life
- Making comlex pharmacotherapeutic decisions regarding care of special populations (dementia, rural/homebound, Cherokee Indian, etc.)
- Advocating for older adults at the level of the health system and beyond
A weekly forum will also be devoted to discussions centered on evidence-based medicine, books about aging, and ethical
dilemmas in care of the older adult.
Positions Available: 2
Application Deadline: January 2, 2018
Contact Info: Tasha.Woodall@mahec.net